Posted Monday, November 03, 2008
THE GREAT OUTDOOR FIGHT SIGNING!
Feat. Chris Onstad, creator of Achewood
@ The Beguiling, 601 Markham Street
Tuesday, November 4th, 2008. 7pm
The Beguiling will be welcoming Chris Onstad, creator of the online comic strip Achewood (http://achewood.com), to his exclusive Toronto tour stop in support of his new book The Great Outdoor Fight.
Since 2001, cult comic favorite Achewood has built a six-figure international following. Intelligent, hilarious, and for adults, it's quickly become the favourite comic of tens of thousands of people around the world. Dark Horse has published the hardbound edition of Achewood's most popular storyline, The Great Outdoor Fight: "Three Days, Three Acres, Three Thousand Men."
Awards for Achewood:
- TIME Magazine's #1 Graphic Novel of 2007.
- Ignatz Award, "Outstanding Online Comic," 2007.
- “Onstad's Achewood is a rare bird…” – Salon.com
- “…one of the best outcomes of this Internet blitz is the hilarious Web comic Achewood, by Chris Onstad.” – The New Yorker
- "Onstad is our greatest living cartoonist." - Tony Millionaire (Maakies, Sock Monkey)
- "These things are hilarious! You have what the NY Times Book Review might call a 'distinctive and most welcome voice' in comics." -Jim Woodring (Frank, Jim)
- "Achewood makes me laugh--in that confused, 'what the hell was that??' kind of way." -Scott McCloud
The Great Outdoor Fight is currently available in store and online.
Also: There will be an awesome, exclusive t-shirt available only at this event.
- Chris @ The Beguiling