Posted Thursday, August 11, 2011
DC: The New 52 Midnight Release Party & DC Comics Sale
Tuesday, August 30th 11pm-1am
@ The Beguiling, 601 Markham Street
Featuring Flashpoint #5 and Justice League of America #1
Plus: DC: THE NEW 52 for ONE LOW PRICE DEAL REMINDER
This September DC Comics will be relaunching their entire universe from the ground up, with 52 brand new first issues being released over the course of the month. But the fun starts the week before, on August 31st, with the release of the very last comic in the 'old' DC Universe, Flashpoint #5, and the very first comic of the new DCU, Justice League of America #1.
The Beguiling will be doing a special 12:01am release of these historic two comic books on Wednesday August 31st, the moment we are allowed to sell them! But why not come by a little early (say... 11ish?) and take part in our DC Comics sale! We'll be offering 30% off of the regular price (generally U.S. Cover Price) of all in-print DCU comic books, graphic novels, and trade paperbacks. We'll also be offering spot sales on various other books (and you gotta show up in person to see what those are!). It'll be a fun little DC Comics party for those that would like to attend, and please let us know if that's you!
The Fine Print:
- We are only allowed to sell Flashpoint #5 and Justice League of America #1 at midnight. . Every other 'new' comic, you gotta wait until 11am on Wednesday when the store opens.
- The sale will ONLY last from 11pm until 1am, so don't miss out!
- Items put on hold prior to the sale will NOT be available for sale pricing.
- It's also the last day to sign up for our DC 52 FOR ONE LOW PRICE deal! Read on for details...
PLUS: The New 52 at One Low Price
Get all 52 new DC Comics first issues for $104 ($92.04+13% HST)
In-store only at The Beguiling
In September 2011, DC Comics will relaunch all of their ongoing superhero series with new issue #1s, all at once! Action Comics #1, Detective Comics #1, Justice League #1 and more will grace store shelves this fall, and it seems like everyone’s got an opinion about it. Are you anxious? Excited? Are you upset or enthusiastic or hopeful? But most importantly… are you curious?
52 brand new issue #1s is a pretty unprecedented move in the comics industry, and if you’ve ever wanted to witness the rebirth of a superhero universe from the ground up, have we got a deal for you. We’re offering a special deal to all of our customers—regular, new, pull file—to pick up all 52 new issues for one very low price: $104 (that’s $92.04 + 13% HST). You must pre-pay $104, and do so before August 31st, 2011.
The regular price of these books would come to $180.21 (including tax), making this deal a better-than-40% savings.
So what exactly do you get for your $104?:
- A gift certificate stating that you’ve purchased the books. You will show this in-store to pick up your books every week.
- 1 Copy Each of the standard versions of all New 52 DC #1s, available on their respective weeks of release from August 31st through September 28th**
- A 20%, at-the-register discount on the stickered price of any variant covers for Justice League #1, Flash #1, Action Comics #1, Batman #1, and Green Lantern #1.
- All comics will be reserved for you at the store, ensuring no sell-outs or missing certain titles.
- To sign up, we will need your name, email address, and phone number.
- Once you buy in, there are no refunds and no returns, on either the purchase price of the special, or on the price of any of the individual books involved in the promotion.
- All books MUST be picked up in store, no mailorder unless we have a preexisting mailorder relationship with you as a customer.
- Voucher must be redeemed and all comics must be picked up no later than December 24th, 2011, at which time we will donate all remaining comics to a charity or organization of our choice.
See you there!