Posted Tuesday, September 25, 2012
ANNOUNCE/CONTEST: BEAUTY IS EMBARRASSING
BEAUTY IS EMBARASSING, a film about Wayne White
One week engagement at The Bloor, starting Fri Sept 28.
You Can Win Tickets! Read on!
For over 30 years, acclaimed visual artist Wayne White has made an indelible mark on the creative world. A designer, painter, puppeteer, sculptor, and musician, Wayne White has contributed mightily to the pop culture lexicon. Best known as a designer, puppeteer, and voice-over actor on Pee-Wee’s Playhouse, White is also an accomplished visual artist and directed iconic music videos including Peter Gabriel’s “Big Time” and The Smashing Pumpkins “Tonight, Tonight.” (Fun fact: He’s also the husband of acclaimed alt-cartoonist Mimi Pond!)
Now there is a wonderfully creative and irreverent documentary, Beauty is Embarrassing, which chronicles his unique and occasionally troubled life. Featuring the best of 300+ hours of footage shot over 2 years by directory Neil Berkley, and tons of behind-the-scenes footage of the making of Pee Wee’s Playhouse shot by White, this is a rich and unique film which drew a lot of attention during this year’s screening at Hot Docs.
The film begins a one-week run at The Bloor, starting Friday September 28th, and we think you’ll probably dig it.
If you want a shot at winning one of two sets of tickets to the show, read on!
CONTEST: BEAUTY IS EMBARRASSING
Please pay attention, this is a bit more complicated than regular contests, and it has a REALLY tight deadline!
We’ve got 2 pairs of tickets to give away, 1 for each of 2 screenings. You’ve got to enter separately for each screening (this is so people don’t win passes to something they can’t make it to).
SCREENING ONE: Friday, September 28, 6:30pm, Wayne White and Neil Berkley in attendance.
SCREENING TWO: Saturday, September 29, 9:45pm
Here’s how you enter:
ONE WINNER WILL BE SELECTED FOR EACH SCREENING at random, and will receive two tickets to see that screening of BEAUTY IS EMBARRASSING at The Bloor.
For a chance to win, send an e-mail with your name, daytime telephone number, and "SCREENING ONE" or “SCREENING TWO” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org before Thursday, September 27th, at 11am. Winners will be drawn and contacted from all valid entries at that time. Their first name may be announced on the website.
RULES & REGULATIONS:
1. Subject line MUST contain entrant's name, phone number, and "SCREENING ONE" or “SCREENING TWO", and must be sent to email@example.com.
2. Entries must be made from an e-mail address subscribed to The Beguiling's mailing list. Signup on the front page of beguiling dot com. (Seriously, we check and we disqualify people not subscribed to the mailing list.)
3. Entries must be received before Monday, September 10th at 11am.
4. Employees and family members of The Beguiling are not eligible to win.
5. One entry per household/phone number.
6. No purchase necessary, void where prohibited, no cash value, odds of winning depend on total number of entries received, etc.