DINOSAUR COMICS BOOK RELEASE & HOLIDAY PARTY!
Posted Wednesday, December 08, 2010
and HOLIDAY PARTY!
It’s the new book, “Dudes Already Know About Chickens!”
Tuesday, December 21st, 2010
7:30-10pm, doors at 7pm
@ Pauper's Pub, 539 Bloor St. W., 2nd Floor
FREE TO ATTEND
Presented by The Beguiling and Topatoco.com
Oh my gosh you guys! Just in time for Christmas, it’s the release of the long-awaited new collection of DINOSAUR COMICS, the awesome webcomic by Toronto’s own Ryan North! It’s called “Dinosaur Comics: Dudes Already Know About Chickens”, and collects all of the strips originally appearing in 2006—NOW IN FULL COLOUR! Author Ryan North will be on hand signing books and meeting and greeting with fans! Copies of the new book will be on sale at the event, as will past books, shirts, and prints! It’s going to be awesome you guys!
We’re launching the book just a few days before a big holiday, so we thought “Why not make it a party that everyone can enjoy?”!!! It’s also THE OFFICIAL DINOSAUR COMICS HOLIDAY PARTY! Food, drinks, merriment! Wear your Santa hats! Bring a Secret Santa gift and you’ll receive one (details below)! And much more!
All of this is happening Tuesday, December 21st, at Pauper’s Pub (539 Bloor St W, near Bathurst TTC), on the second floor. We hope we’ll see you there…!
SECRET SANTA RULES:
If you would like to participate:
- Please bring a wrapped gift with a monetary value of no more than $5.
- Go to the book sales table and trade your gift for a numbered ticket.
- At 8:30pm, we’ll call out the numbers, and when your number is called you’ll have your choice of the available gifts!
- Please mark on the outside of the gift if your item contains food and especially if it contains common allergens including peanuts, gluten, etc., so that people with allergies will be able to make an informed Secret Santa Selection.
- Participation is by no means mandatory, but we thought it might be fun!
“Dinosaur Comics: Dudes Already Know About Chickens” is a new, 256 page, full colour collection of strips by Ryan North, and published by Topatoco. It will retail for $20 Canadian. You can find Dinosaur Comics online every day at http://qwantz.com .
The Beguiling is Canada’s premier retailer of comics, graphic novels, manga and more, and has been for more than 20 years!