TONIGHT! The Dinosaur Comics Book Launch / Holiday Party!
Posted Monday, December 19, 2011
The Dinosaur Comics Book Launch & Holiday Party!
“Everybody Knows Failure is Just Success Rounded Down.”
TONIGHT! Monday, December 19st, 2010
7:30-10pm, doors at 7pm
@ Pauper's Pub, 539 Bloor St. W., 2nd Floor
FREE TO ATTEND
Oh my gosh you guys! Just in time for Christmas, it’s the release of the long-awaited new collection of DINOSAUR COMICS, the awesome webcomic by Toronto’s own Ryan North! It’s called “Dinosaur Comics: Everybody Knows Failure is Just Success Rounded Down”, and collects all of the strips originally appearing in 2007! Author Ryan North will be on hand signing books and meeting and greeting with fans! Copies of the new book will be on sale at the event, as will past books, shirts, and prints! Can you think of anything more awesome to do...ON A MONDAY?
We’re launching the book just a few days before a big holiday, and we figured “We can totally make this a party that EVERYONE can enjoy!!!" It’s also THE OFFICIAL DINOSAUR COMICS HOLIDAY PARTY! (woooo!) Food, drinks, and merriment! Wear your Santa hats! Bring a Secret Santa gift and you’ll receive one (details below)! Even more: December 19th is "Feel Free To Say Hi If I'm Wearing A Dinosaur Comics Shirt Day, Woooooo!" So wear your Dinosaur Comics shirt to spark a conversation! Or spot somebody wearing one and ask thon about it. Or feel free to observe the day silently -- the holidays are for everyone!
All of this is happening TONIGHT Monday, December 19th, at Pauper’s Pub (539 Bloor St W, near Bathurst TTC), on the second floor. We hope we’ll see you there…!
SECRET SANTA RULES:
If you would like to participate:
- Please bring a wrapped gift with a monetary value of no more than $5.
- Go to the book sales table and trade your gift for a numbered ticket.
- At 8:30pm, we’ll call out the numbers, and when your number is called you’ll have your choice of the available gifts!
- Please mark on the outside of the gift if your item contains food and especially if it contains common allergens including peanuts, gluten, etc., so that people with allergies will be able to make an informed Secret Santa Selection.
- Participation is by no means mandatory, but we thought it might be fun!
See you tonight!
- Chris @ The Beguiling