Posted Wednesday, May 23, 2012
To celebrate, Jim has gifted us 3 pairs of tickets and one super-exclusive LOCALLY OWNED DATA USB BRACELET (a hit on Kickstarter...!) to you lucky customers of The Beguiling! Read the description of the premiere below, or scroll down for the contest entry details. And if you like, you can just buy tickets as well.
GHOSTS WITH SHIT JOBS TORONTO PREMIERE
Wednesday, May 30th, 7PM
@ The Royal Theatre, 608 College Street
Tickets $10, Available at http://ghostswithshitjobs.com/toronto.html
At the beginning of the month, the GHOSTS WITH SHIT JOBS sold out world premiere at SCI-FI-LONDON took Best Feature of the European fest. Last week the Kickstarter campaign raised $20K, 4 times the original goal. Now tickets are on sale for its North American premiere in Toronto on Wed. May 30, 7pm, at the Royal (608 College St).
There will be a Q&A and an afterparty after the screening. As a special thank you to the town that made it possible, No Media Kings is giving a free book, DVD or t-shirt to each person who preorders tickets. You can watch the trailer and order tickets at: http://ghostswithshitjobs.com/toronto
In the future, jobs still suck — but in whole new ways.
By 2040, the economy has flipped and North Americans are a cheap labour pool for wealthy Asian markets. A Chinese documentary show focuses on the “ghosts” (Cantonese slang for white people) unlucky enough to have been born into the slums of Toronto in a special report that translates as “Ghosts With Shit Jobs.”
“…sheer delight…” — The Guardian
“Brilliant… will leave you emotionally shaken, your brain teeming with weird new ideas…” — io9
“…outstanding…” — BoingBoing
Enter to win tickets to see GHOSTS WITH SHIT JOBS at the Toronto Premiere!
One (1) grand prize winner will be selected at random to receive a pair of tickets to see GHOSTS WITH SHIT JOBS on Wednesday, May 30th at 7pm at The Royal Cinema, as well as an exclusive LOCALLY OWNED DATA USB BRACELET (http://nomediakings.org/vidz/syncing-selling-and-sincerity.html). Two (2) first prize winners will each receive a pair of tickets to the premiere.
For a chance to win, send an e-mail with your name, daytime telephone number, and "GHOSTJOBS" in the subject line to email@example.com before Monday, May 28th at 11am. 1 grand prize winner and 2 first prize winners will be drawn and contacted from all valid entries on Monday, May 28th. Their first name may be announced on the website.
RULES & REGULATIONS:
1. Subject line MUST contain entrant's name, phone number, and "GHOSTJOBS", and must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Entries must be made from an e-mail address subscribed to The Beguiling's mailing list. Signup on the front page of http://beguiling.com. (Seriously, we check and we disqualify people not subscribed to the mailing list.)
3. Entries must be received before Monday, May 28th at 11am.
4. Employees and family members of The Beguiling are not eligible to win.
5. One entry per household/phone number.
6. No purchase necessary, void where prohibited, no cash value, odds of winning depend on total number of entries received, etc.